Welcome to www.nicorette.com.au. This site is owned by Johnson & Johnson Pacific Pty Limited and is intended for use by residents of Australia.
USE BY MINORS
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us as explained below under “Contacting Us”.
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on‑ or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other Johnson & Johnson Affiliates, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third-party information providers.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., government identifiers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health or medical condition, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Service or otherwise directly to us.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We and our service providers may automatically collect and use information in the following ways as you navigate around the Service:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
You can refuse to accept these cookies by following your browser’s instructions; however, if you do not accept them, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Service. You may also not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Using Flash cookies: Our use of Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) allows us to, among other things, serve you with more tailored information, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Service, and collect and store information about your use of the Service. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Service pages and HTML‑formatted e‑mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users and e‑mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Service usage.
Interest-based advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Service and other online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Service and other online services on any of your devices. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier, to understand how you use the Service.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. Please see the section entitled “Choices and Access” below to learn how you may opt-out of certain of our uses and disclosures.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to our pharmacovigilance obligations), or for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
- Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests.
- to provide the functionality of the Service to you and providing you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or to e‑mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- for developing new products and services;
- for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
- for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services.
- to better understand you so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the Service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
We also disclose information collected through the Service:
- to our third-party partners with whom we offer a co‑branded or co‑marketed promotion;
- to our third-party service providers who provide services, such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e‑mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- as permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with legal process or applicable law which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) as permitted by applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so.
We may use and disclose information we collect automatically as described above under “Automatic Information Collection and Use.”
In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going‑forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by contacting us via the CONTACTING US section below.In your request to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e‑mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e‑mail or postal address.
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third‑party partners: If you previously opted-in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or third party partners, you may opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with those parties for their direct marketing purposes on a going‑forward basis by contacting us via the CONTACTING US section below. In your communication to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third‑party partners for their marketing purposes and include your name and e‑mail address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we may not be able to directly remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt‑out request). However, we will make reasonable efforts to inform our affiliates of your request. Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing‑related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your personal information, or if you would like to request an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact us via the CONTACTING US section below. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than one month after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Service or by providing consent to us (where required by law), your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country of residence. Nonetheless, appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect personal information when it is transferred to our affiliates or third parties in other countries.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Phone: +61 1800 029 979
Website: Contact Us
In Writing: Consumer Care Centre
c/o Johnson & Johnson Pacific Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 5
Broadway, NSW 2007
- Tell us the details of your complaint including relevant dates and third parties (if any);
- Provide copies of any relevant documents or correspondence;
- How you would prefer for us to contact you with our reply.
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2-3 business days;
- Provide you with a written response to your complaint within 10-15 business days - depending upon the complexity of your complaint this could be at an earlier or later time.
Please note guidance from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’) requires any complaint must first be made to the respondent organization. The law also allows 30 days for the respondent organization to respond before a complainant may make a complaint to the OAIC.
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and privacy law from the OAIC by:
- calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992
- visiting their web site at http://www.oaic.gov.au/(link is external)
- writing to:
The Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 104